Agra: The ‘Wonder City’
A place where you can explore the chirping of birds as you walk along the river or fall in love with the historical stories as you witness the beautiful monuments that were built centuries ago; raise your heart beat by visiting mesmeric one of the seven wonders of the world or simply indulge in mouth watering Mughlai Cuisine and feast your taste buds. The biggest City of western Uttar Pardesh offers you much more delight and wonder than you can ever imagine.
- The Beautiful White Mausoleum: Built by the legendary Moghul emperor Shah Jahan for the love of his wife, has deservedly earned itself a place on every list from UNESCO’s most treasured heritage to the seven wonders of the world. It took around 22 years and 22000 people to build a perfectly symmetrical structure except the two tombs inside. It is and well remain the biggest tourist attraction of Agra all around the world. The words can never justify the beauty of Taj Mahal, it can be counted as one of the most important factors that makes Agra the ‘Wonder City’.
- Express Connection: Agra is very well connected to Capital of India and the capital of Uttar Pardesh by superbly constructed six lane expressways. It takes about two hours to reach outskirts of Delhi through Yamuna Expressway and around three hours to reach Lucknow on Agra- Lucknow expressway. Although the city is well connected through Airways and railways too but the new-age expressways given an edge if compared to other cities as far as connectivity is concerned.
- Shopaholic’s Paradise:Shopping at Agra’s Kinnara Bazar will not only impart you with the real experience of shopping in the narrow and over crowded streets but will also make you over whelmed at the same time with the variety of choices as the multitudes of colourful little shops spill over. Be it the jewellery, fabric, shoes, clothing, marble work, authentic food stalls or marriage related items all are available at this market to give you shopping experience of your life time.
- Real Village experience: Interestingly, the Agra city also gives you an opportunity to experience the life of tribal villagers as you can explore a day trip to Korai village, located on the Agra- Fatehpur Sikri highway. The people of this village now earns their livelihood with these day tours giving an enriching village life experience. This is a cute village with an interesting history. According to local tour guide the residents are afghan transplants that have been here for generations.
- Holiday for your soul: Besides the mesmerizing ‘Taj- Mahal’ and other beautiful monuments, Agra City also gives you an opportunity to experience the delight of Solitude as you explore the ‘Taj nature walk’. Offering an unique and more relaxing side of Agra City, a place to enjoy the serenity and some quite time as you can gaze the majestic view of Taj Mahal from different angles during the walk and at the same time you can stroll around the park witnessing the chirping of birds and greenery all around.
- Food delights: From the famous, soft, translucent and sweet candy (Peetha) to the finger licking Tandoori Chicken, the Mughlai cuisine will give immense pleasure as you indulge in delicious feast. Today, several of the city’s fine-dining restaurants serve an array of Mughlai delicacies – creamy, richly flavored curries brought to life with an abundance of spices, dried fruits and roasted nuts.
The magical allure of the Taj Mahal draws tourists to Agra like moths to a wondrous flame but as you explore every nook and corner of the city you will experience a different hue of the colourful historic city. Experience not just the heritage monuments but also the city’s culture, cuisine, craft and life of the local people. So, if you are searching for your next tourist destination or looking for an investment at a new place, this ‘Wonder City’ won’t disappoint you even a bit.